Used with permission from Everyday Cooking, published by Family Resources
- 2 cups cooked, finely-cubed chicken
- chopped spinach (fresh, or thawed-and-squeezed-dry frozen)
- 8 flour tortillas (about 7-8 inches) [Homemade are the best--see recipe in EC]
- 2 cups Cheddar or Cheddar/Jack cheese (or more, to your taste)
- sour cream to taste
- Preheat 9″-12″ skillet*. Mix spinach and chicken in a small bowl (or in the chicken’s ziploc baggie, to save dirtying a bowl).
- Spread half of a tortilla with about a Tablespoon of salsa and put in dry, hot skillet (salsa side up). Spread that half with about ¼ cup chicken mixture and sprinkle with ¼+ cup cheese; fold “empty” side over the filled side.
- Repeat on other half of skillet with another tortilla.
- Cook till bottom is slightly browned, then flip to brown other side and finish melting the cheese (doesn’t take long at all, maybe 30 seconds per side).
- I like to cut in half with the edge of the spatula before removing to a plate.
We often make these with just salsa and cheese cooked in the tortillas for a quick snack.