My friend Stephanie over at https://unfoldinglovelyeats.com/ is always on a food adventure of some sort and inspired me to try paratha, a layered Indian flatbread.
You can find the original recipe I used here: https://thegardeningfoodie.com/layered-flatbread/ and see my original flatbread post here:
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1¾ cups milk (for pie -- slightly more for pudding, about ¼ cup additional)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend cocoa, plain milk, salt, and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid scorching. (Milk boils "all of a sudden," then boils over quickly, so once it seems to simmer, you'll want to watch it and be ready for the next step!)
- Stir in cornstarch dissolved in milk (you may need to give the milk mixture a quick stir before adding, as it solidifies in the measuring cup pretty readily). Stir until pudding has thickened slightly and continue to simmer for one minute to cook the cornstarch.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Stir to mix.
- Chill before serving to thicken further, or use in baked pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid a cocoa film forming on the top, if desired.
One thought on “Chocolate-Filled Paratha”